Hello everyone! Last night I had to clear out my fridge before visiting my mum for a few days. I had some bananas laying around and they needed to be used, stat. I came up with this recipe in order to use them, and also because I had a craving for sweets, I mean who doesn’t sometimes?
- 2 Bananas
- Plant or nut milk of your choice – I used unsweetened soy milk
- Vegan butter – I use the one from Naturli’
- Syrup – this will substitute for processed sugar, cane sugar will also do
- Cocoa powder and 80% chocolate
- I tbsp Baking powder – I found it bulk in LØS
- All purpose flour
- Filling – I used peanut butter and it was amazing!
Mash the bananas to an even paste and mix it with two cups of preferred milk. Melt 2 tablespoons of vegan butter and add that to the mix. Whisk until it is even. Now, add cocoa powder, syrup, baking powder and vanilla. Mix it with all-purpose flour until it reaches a cupcake batter-like consistency. Lastly, pour chopped chocolate pieces in our mix.
Place in cup cake forms (preferably reusable ones) and bake for about 12 minutes at 180 degrees celcius. After 12 minutes, let the muffins rest and cool of 10 minutes. Now, remove the top and the inside of the cake and replace it filling of your choice. I prefer peanut butter, but you can also go with icing or jam. Place the top back on the cake and you’re done. Snack on the remaining left-over cake and be happy.