Hello everybody! Recently I finally got to dry soap berries, a completely eco friendly, compostable and natural laundry detergent. I have seen several places where I got have bought them, unfortunately all of these places had them covered in plastic, which, as you may know, is kind of a turnoff for me. Finally I found a site that carried plastic free ones, Bleschu.dk that is. If you do not live in Denmark, when check out That Red House. I just made a video in which I go through several options for more eco friendly laundry routines, but soap berries is far the most amazing one. Check out my video, if you want to know more about how to use these berries.
Hello everybody! As a follow up on my latest video “Zero Waste Cat“, I wanted to address the homemade cat food even further. As you may know, if you follow me anywhere, I have quit meat, the store bought kind. I have no issue the catching your fish or shooting your own bird but that is a whole other thing. ANYWAY, my fiancee sometimes hits the butcher shop, as he still has some meat every now and again, but we try to get the most use out of the pieces we get. A great way to use those scraps and fat pieces is to boil them into cat food. You know, exactly like the canned store bought kind. Mix the meat pieces with some water and boil it for a few hours, we usually take 3 hours to make it. Due to fat, natural gelatine and what not the mixture will “harden” when it cools. Your cat simply loves it, just stay clear of bones as they can break and injure your fluffy creature. There you have it, you avoid throwing food out and you get a very happy cat!
Hello everybody! Just after Christmas, I teased about a homemade lip scrub that I use, and gave away as gifts. I love it, it smells amazing, is super effective and looks yummy! If you want to learn how to make it, then keep reading! Btw, it can also be used as a body scrub, if you have enough of it.
You will need: Sugar, beet root, vanilla and shea butter (I have no actual measurements, but as you may can tell sugar is the primary part. Use a wee bit of shea butter, vanilla and beet root)
How to: Melt the shea butter (you can also use coconut oil or whatever), and mix it with the sugar. The consistency is supposed to be like crumbly dough (bad explanation, I know). Then mix in the vanilla, I like it, it serves no important purpose other than smelling super delicious. Lastly, add some colour. For this pink colour I recommend beet root. Juice a beet root and mix it in with the sugar-mixture. Add just a few drops to desired result.
1. My most watched video of 2016 was my kitchen tour! This came as a bit of a surprise for me, but I am so thrilled you guys liked it, so much. Showing my zero waste kitchen, was the first time I actually showed you guys my apartment, and it was a bit scary. However, I am a huge sucker for decor and interior, as long as it is vintage and second hand. Since this video, I moved to a new apartment, so I think there will be a part two in this series in store in 2017, stay tuned.
2. The second most watched video was my “10 steps to A Zero Waste Lifestyle” . You guys generally seemed to like when I put things in steps, so you will see more of that in 2017. It was a fun video to do, and I think I will continue to make videos about how to get started. We do want as many people to join in!
3. The third most watched is the concealer recipe! Wow, I made you guys wait a long time for this one, didn’t I? Sorry, but at least the recipe was a huge hit! I still use it and it is so good! I have a few more beauty related tutorials in store for you in 2017, including a rather sweet lip scrub recipe! I love to talk about makeup when it comes to zero waste, because I often feel like there are two contrasting opinions when it comes to makeup, either you don’t give a shit about eco friendly packaging and plastic waste, you just want to look pretty OR you don’t even wear makeup. I would like to make the bold claim that there is an in-between and it is homemade zero waste makeup! I have a whole playlist on my channel, where I gathered all the recipes!
4. Next we have another tour, the “Zero Waste Bathroom Tour”. Quite uninspiring to show what you what my bathroom looks like, however I think it is important to underline that it is, in fact, possible to live a life without soap and toothpaste and shampoo and conditioner and what other crap in plastic containers. All can be found without any packaging at all. Soap is soap and tooth tabs are for real, and it does the job, and stay from potential micro plastic sources and you have yourself a zero waste bathroom!
5. Last video that really made an impact with you guys was my experiences with menstrual cups! This was, without comparison, the hardest video to make. It is quite uncomfortable to talk about periods on the internet, naturally, but I think we need more advocates for the menstrual cups, might as well start with myself. It has literally changed my life, seriously. I cannot believe it took me so long to find this product. Actually I thought it was gross the first time I heard about it, but it has made all the difference! I sincerely recommend everyone with periods to try it out!
Hello everybody! During this month I have received a few new plastic free items. The first one is a new toothbrush (finally, really needed it)- I have really been loving the one I had before, but I have been wanting to try out other brands as well. So far I really like this one from Zero Waste shop. It is made from bamboo and the bristles are biodegradable Nylon4, which is also BPA free. Also from Zero Waste shop I found stainless steel chop sticks and boy have I been looking for those. I always feel that bamboo or wooden chopsticks are damaged from multiple uses, so for me the solution is definitely stainless steel. The chop sticks fit perfectly in my purse, so whenever I am out to eat I can bring my own. Before these, I took the “single use” ones with me home and repurposed them or washed them. Now, I have my very own reuseable pair! Thank you, Zero Waste shop, for giving me a chance to try out your items. Although the products are sponsored, the views and ideas in this post are entirely my own, obviously. All good vibes!